A Snowy Morning This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

An hourglass dropping time softly by the moment
it envelops the ground
drenching the world in a blank canvas

AbbyNormal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2010 at 9:14 am

I usually don't like poetry, but I LOVED this. Wow. The description is just amazing and so simple (an hourglass = snow, brilliant). I wish I'd thought of it!

One thing I'm curious about, though, is your use of the word drenching. It doesn't seem to fit the idea of snow, but maybe I missed something? 

I love your form. Keep writing :)

writergirl22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:56 am

Thank you!

I agree that the word drenching is a little odd when talking about snow but thats why I liked it! I don't think people usually would associate the two words, so I think its cool to use two words that don't usually go together normally :)

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOw! you rock-no wonder you're in the magazine! What  was your inspiration?

thanks so much! I had to write a poem about nature in a creative writing class so I chose snow as the topic. I'm glad you liked it! :)

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ur so welcome-stop by my page when my poems get posted-i think that u'll like them

ChristopherK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:45 am
Wow! This is great stuff. It's short but fantastic. Keep it up!

thanks a lot :)
i checked out some of your stuff and i love it!

brianj said...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 10:54 am
Woah, deep! I love the picture you have with the snowy morning (not that I stole that from the title, or anything...) and the way it's so short, but says so much. I love it! :)

thankso so much for the feedback :)

BradP27 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 11:46 am
This is awesome...I love the hourglass metaphor/imagery. Very vivid. Wish you had more stuff posted here...

thanks!
im working on some other stuff and i may post it soon