Love Poem | Teen Ink

Love Poem

November 10, 2009
By Cheetah1cj BRONZE, Grand Junction, Colorado
Cheetah1cj BRONZE, Grand Junction, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's easy to fall in love, the hard part is finding someone to catch you."


Love,
The most talked about thing.
Yet still the least understood
There may be over one hundred quotes about it,
Yet not one mentions what true love truly is
When one is more concerned with the other’s happiness
Than with their relationship.
No one should ever be unloved.
“For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it,” (Ivan Panin).
“It’s easy to fall in love; the hardest part is finding someone to catch you,” (Bertrand Russel)
“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfect”
“Three things of life that are most valuable: Love, self-confidence, and friends,” (Anonymous)
“The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” (Bertrand Russel)
“Why love if losing hurts so much, we love to know that we are not alone.” (C.S. Lewis)
“Loss has been part of my journey, but it has also taught me what was precious.”
“True love doesn’t have a happy ending; true love doesn’t have an ending.” (Unknown)
“You know when you’ve found your prince [or princess] because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well.”

The author's comments:
I wanted it titled love but it was too short of a title. I was inspired to write this poem by my great friendship with Lauren. I hope this changes how people treat other people.