What's-Your-Tea Saying? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

Victor Wooten is the sound of chamomile tea
in a dark blue,
hand-painted, hand-shaped mug
while you wait for the laundry
to finish.
Watch the spinspinspinspiiiinnn …
your bare feet vibrating
with the machine
and your back propped up against the door,
assuming that no one will come through
and disturb you.
Remember the flood of water
pouring out from the inside,
how you slammed the door shut
before it all came out,
then scooted a bucket over
to catch the rest.
You cleaned up the mess
all by yourself
and felt curiously responsible, mature.

Now wonder at the bitter aftertaste of honey
while you hope to God(s)
that it doesn't happen again this time.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the May 2010 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3 at 6:23 pm:
mind=blown. congrats, not many people do that. :) 5/5

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:29 am:
I understand nothing of a poem that won! Wanna cry, really

Jane3 said...
I get what the author is trying to do. It's soothing and really relaxed, but I think there was a deeper message and there was a little trouble getting that across. Still really good!!! It's just calming. Please check out some of my stuff if you get the chance : )

BrittDawn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:39 am:
I don't really understand what this poem is about... but i think that's why it's so good.

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:03 am :
Perhaps sitting and watching your clothes go through the washing machine would help? ;) Thank you.

Aderes18 replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 4:37 pm :
No offence but I found that comment kinda rude.

Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:08 pm :
That's what the poem is about; that's why I suggested that particular activity.

Aderes18 replied...
Apr. 24, 2011 at 6:11 am :
No, No I know. It just like the way you phased it, it just sounded sarcastic to me. 

Apr. 25, 2011 at 12:26 am :
Ah. Well, it was certainly not meant to be :)

LegendInTheMakingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:35 pm :
Hey, i didnt get it either at first and i had to re-read it... Give her a break! shes just trying to explain what it is about and how you can experience the same feeling. Plus, you spelled PHRASED wrong.. you said phased... lol... Great piece oracle of nonsense