(As He Creeps: Part One) What Friends are for.

When I woke up this morning I felt strange, like something was about to change, and what do you know it was true. My phone rang and I picked up it was you in a low voice you said, “What’s up boo?” I said, “Nothing what about you?” He took a deep breath he sound depressed, like he was gonna confess. “I have something to tell you.” I stop breathing for a minute knowing already how this conversion is gonna finish. “Baby you know I love my life and I’m glad that you’re in it.”Pulled the phone away from my ear because I don’t want to hear him finish. Put the phone back so I can hear, “Boy I already know what you gonna say you make it clear if you don’t want me don’t worry I’ll disappear” he lets out a deep breath “I didn’t want it to be this way. You were the kind of girl I always thought about when you were away.” I shook my head. “Then why does this all have to change?” He put his hands on his head, “This is gonna seem stupid in a way. I had to choose if I didn’t I would have cheated on you.” I nodded. “I guess you had to do what you had to do. Can I know who it is before we end?” In a low voice he said, “I didn’t want it to happen like this but it’s your best friend.”