Chained Heart

There is a caged bird within myself
That cries itself to sleep each night
Its greatest wish, its only wish
Is that one day everything will be all right

But this bird stays inside, chained,
It never looks out to see
If anything is better or worse
It can never let itself be free

I've locked it up with chain and ball
Although the bird is very small
It's of a big heart inside of there
It has such a capacity to care

And that is why my heart, it cries
And why it feels such pain
Because as much as I can care,
I always feel the pouring rain

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2011 at 6:52 pm:

Heylo!  (Hey and hello), I loved your poem.  I wrote one and posted it, but it hasn't been accepted yet.  When it does I really really really want you to read it.  It's called Your Choice.  It could be awhile, but I'm really happy with the result.

Keep writing poems, you add lots of feeling, and I LOVE IT! :DD

-Odessa(:

Suzie17 replied...
May 5, 2011 at 9:03 pm :
Thanks for commenting. I'll be looking for your poem. You seem really enthusiastic about your writing. Don't lose that enthusiasm, it's a good thing.

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 6, 2011 at 6:10 am :
Writing is something I'ver always been able to do.  While others can do sports and paint pictures or be amazing in all different types of things, I got bummed out becasue my talent was boring.  Then my language arts teacher told me about this website, and I have learned to happy and greatful for my talent.  I write all the time now, and I think I'm getting better.  I hope to get some of my work published.  Thank you, I'm glad you can tell. :D