An Odd Serenity

They are clear yet unclear

like strange diamonds

that twinkle without light

A vague mix of anger, sadness, fear

expressions of my minds

they sadly dance in flight

In darkness they bask

to soften my demise

I let them fall willingly

and marvel at the secret task

to get my sought after prize-

An odd serenity.

writer24/7/365 said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:51 pm:
This is such a good poem. It uses silvery, light language that makes a reader feel as if they know you. People can picture the salty droplets falling from your eyes, and imagine the feelings that provoked the tears. Good job!

AvengedJasonFold said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 12:43 am:

First I read the poem, I thought it was really cool and I didn't know what it was about. My interpretation was that it had something to do with sad feelings and I could relate to it. Then I read the thing underneath the picture to the left and, knowing it was about tears/crying, I appreciated the poem a lot more because it expressed "crying makes you feel good" in such an artistic way.

The rhyme scheme was unique too. Kind of hard to follow for me at first but I'm used to song l... (more »)

SilverDawn said...
Wow, nice poem! i can easily imagine it. great choice of words~

dule_91 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it's really nice and sad...I have that kind of odd serenity too and that frightens me sometimes because I feel indifferent towards anything...

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i've felt like this before. when my world is just so small and dark it seems while everyone else is walking very happy and it seems they have wings on their souls while i have lead holding me down. good way to describe how if feels. i like the part about diamonds twinkling w/o light.

Fredwardness said...
oh yes now i feel stupid i did know which one this was....but cat I still luv it!!