I leave to you

In the event of my demise,
I leave to you my heart,
that Ive never felt beat,
the same way since you.

I leave to you my arms and legs,
that when times were hard,
I would use them to run to you,
and have you hold me close.

I leave to you my eyes,
that only saw you,
that never looked away,
or saw anyone the same as they saw you.

And I leave to you all my dreams,
the ones where you are the star,
and you recapture my heart,
but you already had all these things, all along the way.

starsonmysleeves This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this totally makes sense to me. i was on an airplane yesterday, and i thought, what if the plane crashes and i die, what would i leave behind? and all i could think of was writing to this boy that i've tried so hard not to be in love with. it made me realize that really, there's no denying i love him if this poem contains the spirit of what i'd say to him. thanks for writing it. beautiful.

stella said...
This pome is amazing and it really touched me. Keep up the good work!!

dragonfan said...
wow! this is amazing

videotaped This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really sweet! There's a tiny grammatical mistake (Ive), but aside from this, it's lovely. Great job!

bonniex3rose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem hit me hard. realistic and amazing

LeslieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was a great poem, it was beautiful

said...
very nice poem :)

Poetic_Mind said...
Thank you to everyone that has commented and read. Im very greatful for your comments. and Im happy that you liked it. there will be more.

opalescent said...
Awesome poem! It really captures how I felt about my ex. Very deep. I felt like some of the lines didn't flow as smoothly as they could, but that is the only thing I can think of that I would change.

vampluv11 said...
Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 am
wow, what abeautiful poem. that seems like such a generic thing to say(as does pointing out that it's a generic thing to say), but this was truly deep. it most definently deserves to be printed in the mag.

Sar27 said...
wow I had to stop and take like five deep breaths after reading this poem. it was beautiful

sumthingprecious said...
Wow this poem almost made me cry, thought of my ex while i was reading it. This is great, check out some of my stuff i bet you would like it too.

Mayflower128 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great poem that really tugged on my heart as i read. I hope you find the control you're seeking and keep writing. I'm waiting for more!

Poetic_Mind replied...
Thanks. and i hope you enjoy what comes in the future too. I love writing and Im glad others can enjoy it too.:)

Whitney said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:58 am
beautiful poem.