My Mind vs. My Heart | Teen Ink

My Mind vs. My Heart

By tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan
tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"Every moment of your life, you're writing. Even in your dreams, you're writing. When you walk the halls in this school you meet various people and you write furiously in your head." -Frank McCourt

If my heart is hot,
My mind is cold.
If my heart is shy,
My mind is bold.

My mind and my heart
Are one another's foes,
They fight and argue,
Even at the lowest lows.

My heart is what flutters
When a boy says my name.
My mind shakes his head,
Disapproving, it's just a game.

My heart reassures me
Everything will be okay.
My mind is what warns me
He's not gunna stay.

Lately my mind
Won't listen to my heart.
It's afraid this new guy
Is just a work of art.

To love him or not
They'll never quite agree.
But maybe, in time,
My heart will be set free.

I got inspired by this because my heart and my mind couldn't agree on this one boy.

Thank you so much for the good feedback :) i enjoy writing poems like this :) i am deff interested in your writing, and will deff be checking it out, probably this weekend :)

hey! thanks so much for the great feedback! I really do appreciate it! I am a little busy with school right now, but I am grounded this weekend so I would be more than happy to check out your work, i'll deff tell ya my favorite :)

VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Would you like a side of epic with that fail?

I love it! I'm going through the same thing (which sucks) and know exactly how you felt when you wrote this. :) 

Can you read some of my work? I would really love your opinion on them! Thanks! :) 

on Apr. 13 2010 at 10:15 am
jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

whoa!! and you said you were a beginning poet?! :) i never woulda guessed! this poem is so so so true...i've been there done that with my heart and head. you did a great job explaining all that and posing all the different thoughts and possible problems :) the rhythm is perfect and it flows beautifully!! i LOVE it :) 5 stars. would you mind checking out my work? id love your opinion.