Show Me | Teen Ink

Show Me

October 26, 2009
By kerrieeex62 BRONZE, Coventry, Rhode Island
kerrieeex62 BRONZE, Coventry, Rhode Island
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I'm giving you a chance to prove tehm all wrong. To show me you're different than they say. I stand up for you, tell them they don't know you, but then I ask myself if I even know you. We share our thoughts, our hearts and we compromise. I give a little away, but the more I give, the more you want, the more I doubt my thoughts. Things seem to be going down but I don't wanna bring it up, I'm scared of what you'll say. Don't wanna give them the satisfaction of knowing they're right, but is it worth this pain inside? When I know I think of you non-stop, when I'm pretty sure I'm rarely in your cluttered thoughts. Is it worth trying to constantly live up to the others? Worth knowing I probably love you more than you'll ever love me, even if you beg to differ? Cause iknow your lies when I hear tehm, I'm not naive like everyone thinks. I know you've turned me into a liar. Always telling myself that I've tamed you, that things are actually differnt with me. I don't even know why I bother, it's clear what you want. And if you think your getting it like that your in for a rude awakening, cause you'll soon realize I'm not like the rest of them I don't just give myself away. You'll have to earn it. So baby show me it's different this time, that you actually give a damn about me. you know I love you so now it's your time to prive that you actually love me too. So earn my love, prove that you deserve it.


The author's comments:
what inspired me was my current relationship. im not really sure how to write poetry but i dont think this is it haha. i just wrote my thoughts.