Assimilation

I’ve got two feet in two separate buckets,
Each bucket is red, white and blue.
The second in the first sees a boiling red,
The first in the second, an indifferent blue.
And with my feet in these two buckets,
I can’t feel a thing,
Except perhaps a numbing chatter
And a creeping sting.

BellaEzrebetFang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I am not experiencing this off-hand, myself but your poem gave a wonderful perspective. I go to a very small school where quite a few Russians attend and I am very-much aware of the way they have to integrate into certain different things, especially because they've had such influence on those there that aren't Russian. I imagine this is what they may be feeling. Beautiful poem.

AndThisIsReal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:50 am
I'm glad you put an authors comment or else I would have been confused as to what exactly the poem was about. But because of that I completely get it and also really really like it. :D
Feel free to check some of my owkr out some time, Thanks. :D

Paig3Cagl3 said...
I am also a weird combonation of races my mother is german and my father is jewish ans egyption. I think its really cool to find other people that feel the same as me.
-Please read the writhings I have posted on here I think you would really enjoy them =]

ariwrites94 said...
Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:12 am
This is a wonderful poem! it's interesting your viewpoint but I enjoyed it! plz read my poem "Sensitive Am I" and leave a comment and rate it. thanks! and once again good job.

shofiebot said...
i'm russian/canadian so i guess i too ca understand how you feel. the need to stay true to the glorious country you came from and yet the wonderful things you've experienced here...