The Choice

The Choice

Love Lost… I might not care but I do.
Love found again but not for long.
Hope is lost with every breath I take.
Courage found sometimes but is quickly lost.
Heart is broken every time I’m in that spot and the life might not be worth living anymore.
Suicide may be an option, but why would I choose it?
A thing that would never be forgiven by anyone.
So many die from teen suicide every day,
Is there any way to stop it? I do not know, nobody knows, and I don’t think anyone even cares.
The scars of life are opening and not healing from the hate.
I just want it to end. All the hate but death is not an option maybe a choice?
I could change, but would I want to?
But it is so hard to do.
To fit in easily
Loss of love for things that I used to enjoy
Life seeming pointless and I now want it to end. But so many people are counting on me to live my friends, my family, everybody who DOES love me.
So here’s the choice. Live life even though there is still so much hatred and lies or to end my life and dampen the lives of everybody who that I love and who DO love me.
With the blade in my hand and the cut on my wrist I think to myself “should I just do it now” and my decision is No I won’t kill myself because I still can love and death is the one thing that will not be tolerated. Plus I do not want to be added to the teen suicide # that is too much.

L1L_JOK3R said...
THIS IS A AWESOME POEM

scribbles said...
Whoa who caught those feelings well

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good.
I liked it
Please check out my work and leave a comment and a rating if you wish!

Jazzzy517 said...
Oct. 30, 2009 at 6:06 am:
wow.... i went through this and thank god i made the rite choice... i kno where ur coming from

Paig3Cagl3 said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 11:09 am:
this is a great article. I love it. I have a collection of works that is titled ,"Destruction is Beautiful", that I wrote before I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Depession and teenage suicide is a horriably serious prodlem that writers like you and me can/need to keep people informed about.

hellogirl replied...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 3:50 pm :
omg! this poem is soo inspirational it really truly represents what teenagers go thrue and how they feel when they are on the verge of depression it reminded me of my best friend just because of love she went on a depression state for sometime she even told me that she wanted to kill herself. But I am really thankful to god that she got saved and got better.:D

LeilaniLives replied...
Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:01 am :
"So here’s the choice. Live life even though there is still so much hatred and lies or to end my life and dampen the lives of everybody who that I love and who DO love me."
But isn't the point when you can't take your life anymore.....you're willing to give up every thing just to feel nothing? To escape the "unescapeable," Pain itself? There's a choice, but it's more like a threat when you're depressed, isn't it? A threat that y... (more »)

Jonas.spy.89 replied...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 1:33 pm :
thank you for commenting on my poem everyone <3