I'm not good at poetry

OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhPoetry is hard.
I have no natural gift
For rhymes and commas
Or description
Poetry is hard

Christalina_Stuart said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:21 am
hahahahahha bayard, everyone is giving u advice and everything! hahahaha i agree, troy, u need to go to ms t!!

Trinity4not_111 said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:17 am
Bayard...go see Mrs. Turzi, you need it.
And AngryGopher, you go too...you really need it

AngryGopher said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:15 am
AngryGopher repeatedly refers to AngryGopher in third person. WAHHHWOOOGAWOOGAWOOGA!

holy_crazy_man911 replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:19 am
Look at my picture now.

DeepPoetOfNyx16 said...
Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:38 am
Poetry is hard to get sometimes, but what i do when im stuck is write whatever comes into my mind and it seems to flow from my mind to the pen to the paper, try free writing sometime, it might help

Hay_Wire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
love it :) thats great. just keep tryin if you like it

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good poetry is not written in two minutes, or even 60. to actually come up with something decent, i have to sit down and think and make webs of my thoughts. i usually rewrite my poems a lot to perfect them and i read them aloud to make sure they make the picture i want and it doesn't sound choppy. you can't write a poem very fast. it takes TIME.

Avalynn replied...
i agree- you definitely need to write a poem over and over again to get it juuust rite; but i dont sit down to write poems. when i hear something that moves me or think of a phrase that inspires me, i take out any piece of paper and start writing!! good luck :)

LuLu95 said...
Poetry is not about good and bad, or right and wrong. It something that you right the way you think it should be. So if you have an idea, write it down, i usualy do more than once. Amd see where the idea takes you...in poetry, there is no way to be wrong :)

heaven said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 11:22 am
well if you keep your mind on something it will work. and first of all you just sit with a pencil in your hand and dont think of what to write let the heart and soul
do the writing for you!
like i say you can have the hand of a writer if you beleive.
just dont think and it will all come to you later on in time!!! hope you start to write
and take my advice!!cause thats how i make beautiful work:)

Jazzzy517 replied...
i completely agree...
when i write my poetry i dont just sit there...
i think about something important in my life or my emotions. that helps to....
and eventually...
everything will come to you as inspirtation

<3::wish4wings::<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:40 am
i agree. thats how most stuff works with poetry. you just sit alone in your room with a pencil in your hand and eventually the thoughts will come. think about things that happend in life or about emotions. most things around you are inspirational you jsut have to learn to see them that way. but u cant rush it because that could cause you to write something not very good. :) just keep trying!

LeilaniLives replied...
Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:54 am
Or when something happens and you have strong emotions, don't just go to sleep- write! Frustration, anger, love, lust, excitement, fight, anxiety, depression, happiness, events, Anything that you have emotion towards...a strong emotion- sit down and write about it. Spill your head onto your paper. Eventually, it will be a work of art.