The Innocence of A Child | Teen Ink

The Innocence of A Child

By AngelOfDaNight PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
AngelOfDaNight PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee

The future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Free to roam and feel the safe side of the world. Dreaming of one day to return to that sense of peace. Feeling the love and warmth of the people around you. Not knowing about the dangers lurking about. The smallest sound can bring about the biggest smile in anothers eyes. The sofest touch can make the biggest fear seem to disappear. It's as sacred as the first fallen snow, or your great grandmother's pearls. It's the innocence of a child.

I feel that a lot of our children have to grow up or want to grow up too fast. Their little innocence that they bring into the world makes such a difference, but now that there hardly is any, the world has just turned into a this deep, dark, shamefull place. I want to bring the innocence back,

Brndi said...
on Oct. 28 2009 at 12:48 pm
this poem is great!! i totally agree that we need to bring the innocence back... i had to grow up when i was 7 because i had to take care of my siblings. so i wish i could have been a kid a little longer but you cant get back what you lost and now next year i go off to college and yea no fun there...