Oh, Sweet Melancholy Autumn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I wore a crown
of leaves today
to feel once more
like your Queen –

My Lord,
the leaves have fallen,
faded,
gone,
and I am nothing again.

ida.blue said...
Jun. 25, 2016 at 11:30 am
I love this so much! There is so much emotion and the imagery is great!

subliminal96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wonderful... such imagery. Elated me with emotion :). Autumn is my most beloved season.

little-miss-mistakes said...
i like this... especially the opening line..... i'm not really sure what it means... but it seems meaningful to you.... keep it up!!

FreakyEyed This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! Well, long story short: my first boyfriend was the Gnome King (trust me), and I made myself a little flower/leaf crown right after we broke up. I wore it around for a day, and the next morning, the leaves had all shriveled up. It kind of dawned on me then that I had lost him.
Now you know! ^ ^' Thank you for commenting! <3

N. replied...
oh.... thats sad but poetic and has hints of harsh humor..... good writers do poetic stuff like that... when my bf broke up with me i had a bonfire burnt the stuff he gave me then had smores.... not as poetic.... still a really good poem!

N. replied...
awhhh thats so sad... but poetic, good writers always do poetic stuff..... when my bf broke up with me i just had a big fire and burt all the stuff he gave me, not as poetic..... still really good!!

Thanks! =]
Haha, I've always wanted to have a "forget you" bonfire! That, or throw all the stuff off a cliff. But that might be littering. >.>

tangem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Nice! It's simplistic, yet there is so much meaning.

Please check out my poetry too if you get the chance! TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/246555/Books/

Alexis A. said...
I really like this poem it short and simple. I like simple things. but it gives a lot of different veiws on the depper meanings and used to love to make leaf crowns. Keeep up the good work

Thank you so much! =D

crubs33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
really good:)

Thanks! =)