Broken. | Teen Ink

Broken.

October 20, 2009
By JOBIN(: BRONZE, LA, California
JOBIN(: BRONZE, LA, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
the good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain-bob marley


Broken

Have you ever been the one person who always had a smile on your face? You never showed your feelings, just so you could help someone with theirs? Have you ever been the person who never cried, but always had the need to, the feeling to? Well that’s her problem, Kim’s. And one day someone walks up to her and asks, “How do you do that? I mean never ever cry and always have a smile on your face, I wish I was as strong as you.”
And without answering she turns around, walks away with the first of many tears streaming down her face. Finally the girl who never could have broke,-is broken. The only thing she can do is cry, and cry untill she couldn’t stand the tears. Kim tried to block out the world with her and her music the songs she wrote usually seemed to help, not this time. Nothing seemed to help because no one would understand-ever. There was no where to run, no where to hide. The only way to escape the tears was to face that one fear. But Kim knew for a fact she couldn’t even try because in the end she would be hurt; it would be failure. She stops; breaths; and holds more tears in. Kim holds more tears in trying to move on with her life. It didn’t work, she knew it wouldn’t because the one thing that’s holding her back is what she’s afraid of. She knows, she’s hurt, she knows, she’s afraid. She can’t make things normal. Kim realized she’s so scared because all the crap she takes, and every single problem she had has become huge. All the tears she’s cried, all the tissues she’s used, and anything anyone says doesn’t make the problem any better because it won’t work.
She never thought that he would be the one to hurt the most, well more then just him. Its boyfriends, family, friends, but mostly her own brother. No one understands. I mean have you ever had anyone understand what you’ve been through, what you felt? Can you just let go? Kim never has been this hurt so now all she can do is try, try to get her life back, try to get over that one fear.
She’s afraid of everything and everyone. She knows she can’t trust anyone but herself. She believes that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when there right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
Its me against the world, and I’m afraid.


The author's comments:
yup(: