Earth | Teen Ink

Earth

October 13, 2009
By writer624 BRONZE, Newton, New Jersey
writer624 BRONZE, Newton, New Jersey
4 articles 1 photo 3 comments

EARTH’S FIGHT TO LIVE
From the amazing sites in Canada to the exotic animals in Australia,
Earth fights to live on day and night without a break.

She fights to stop Global Warming, to save the penguins of Antarctica,
no one appreciates her hard work and struggles every day.

The little improvements she makes are very difficult to notice because of what we do that ruins her natural beauty, and creating difficulties in our lives.

War burns down her trees that supply our air, the clean blowing wind that we love on a hot day is lost with no air.

Pollution kills us inside out but blackens the skies for all to see, Earth fights for herself and we destroy her improvements.

All people cut down trees, making us lose oxygen, we don’t even bother to plant new ones to leave we only plant them when we are going to cut them down when they bloom.

A way to save Earth is to recycle, but unfortunately few people do, and if they recycle most custodians will mix it with garbage.

Dumping garbage into landfills is disgusting and filthy, not only that but it takes up a lot of space.

Soon the world will be covered in garbage and we will live in it, wearing rags and smelling horrible.

Earth fights everyday no question, the real question is: can we help her enough to stop these horrors?