Nothing Other

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Who is the lion in this circumstance?
It must be me,
for knowing from the very begining you would fall in love with me.
I should not ask myself if you are whats best for me, but, if I am whats best for you.
I try to explain this to you but,
everytime I notice how perfectly are hands fit together,
how you look into my eyes trying to find my soul,
Everytime I try to tell you that I am not what you need,
I myself get distracted by this illusion of love that I have made for you.
So surely I am the lion in this part of your life, and actually I would not want to be anything other.

BrokenUnbroken said...
This is beautiful I love it

PoetLaureate07 said...
This is really pretty!!!! ~Nice allusion!!!~ It pulls ppl in when you use allusions, and I personally love em!!!

.xCutMyLifeIntoPiecesx. said...
Every piece of your work that I have read so far I have been able to relate to my own life. It's fantastic when you can write so well that your descriptions can apply to most life stories while at the same time only applying to your own. Does that make sense?

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 6:51 am
you must really love this guy you talk about in you work. you 2 are lucky. so far the only love i've ever seen are ones that only turn out to be lust. keep that love close to you.

Underestimated said...
this deff reminds me of twlight but better, more interesting, you could become a amazing author i believe.

CaptainFabulous. said...
awesome awesome :D
i keep wanting to read more of your stuff

ilovemath=) said...
I agree with Carol she was right all of your work is good!

Carol said...
Absolutely amazing. You have such great imagination. Wow, all of your work is crazy good. :)

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This makes me think of Twilight, but with a wicked twist. It's brilliant. It's different. I love it.

WikdChick said...
this is my fav out of all ur poems

Joshua B. said...
Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:30 am
i can relate to this, i just got out of a relationship like that.. at least i think it was.. the whole thing was confusing. but this poem is very sad. good job tho, i like it. check out my poem if you would.. i've only got one up right now, but i'l put much more up later. it just annoys me how long it takes for them to check it or w/e before they put it up.