Frost and Fire

In the cold of fear, I stand alone.
I stand in the dark and cry.
With naught but a flimsy ray of hope,
I wonder when I'll die.
I walk along roads slicked with ice.
I stumble, and I crawl.
I find myself lost in the wind,
and shudder as I fall.
But still some ice is comfort to me,
a constant to keep my mind.
The timeless freeze is friend to me
when none are there to find.
This dragon menace snarls at me,
Yet never will it bite.
Instead it shields my shivering form
and grants me a ray of light.
Huddled beneath her frosty wings,
I love rather than mourn.
The dragon shields the phoenix young
until it is reborn.

***Rain*** said...
I love it as much as I love the artwork. Can you look at some of my work? I would love your opinion. :)

angelswing said...
hello noshabora i'v really been very intrsested in ur art & i read this article it was very dieffrent i never read something like that it was a little deep sorta eney ways it was a good poem i have'nt read all ur poem's yet but i probly will well i have 2 go bye & God bless!!!!!

kay-kay94 said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:23 am
That was really deep. I actually felt it, if you know what I mean =]

Lostinbooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the last lines...and such talented artwork as well! I looked at your art, but for some reason it wouldn't let me comment. Your Frost and Fire picture is...amazing!

Noshabora This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
How odd. I can't think of why it wouldn't let you comment.Thankyou for your encouragement, I appreciate it. I've been posting things recently, if you're interested, though they haven't been cleared by the site staff as of yet. I expect they'll be posted in a day or two, however. Maybe check back in awhile? I'm fairly certain I'll have doubled the amount of work I have displayed onto this site.

Lostinbooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:45 am
Looking forward to it!

Look forward no longer, it's all up. o__o dozens of them. And more will be coming later this month.

Noshabora This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
(Poet) If anyone knows how to get rid of that picture that's up with the poem, I'd appreciate the tip. I accidently clicked it when I posted this, I think. Nothing wrong with the picture, it just has nothing to do with the poem at all.

Uotani said...
love the poem too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!