Frost and Fire | Teen Ink

Frost and Fire

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

In the cold of fear, I stand alone.
I stand in the dark and cry.
With naught but a flimsy ray of hope,
I wonder when I'll die.
I walk along roads slicked with ice.
I stumble, and I crawl.
I find myself lost in the wind,
and shudder as I fall.
But still some ice is comfort to me,
a constant to keep my mind.
The timeless freeze is friend to me
when none are there to find.
This dragon menace snarls at me,
Yet never will it bite.
Instead it shields my shivering form
and grants me a ray of light.
Huddled beneath her frosty wings,
I love rather than mourn.
The dragon shields the phoenix young
until it is reborn.

This poem is only one part of a two-piece work of art. The other portion is actually an ink drawing, titled as "Frost and Fire" also. I'll try to have a link up ASAP, but in the meantime, look for it on my profile.

on Apr. 6 2010 at 8:07 pm
VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Would you like a side of epic with that fail?

I love it as much as I love the artwork. Can you look at some of my work? I would love your opinion. :)

angelswing said...
on Jan. 6 2010 at 9:22 pm
hello noshabora i'v really been very intrsested in ur art & i read this article it was very dieffrent i never read something like that it was a little deep sorta eney ways it was a good poem i have'nt read all ur poem's yet but i probly will well i have 2 go bye & God bless!!!!!

on Jan. 2 2010 at 10:23 am
kayx3ftw PLATINUM, Woodbridge, New Jersey

"You don't get another chance, Life is no Nintendo game"- Eminem

That was really deep. I actually felt it, if you know what I mean =]

Noshabora GOLD said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 10:18 pm
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Look forward no longer, it's all up. o__o dozens of them. And more will be coming later this month.

Lostinbooks said...
on Dec. 11 2009 at 7:45 am
Lostinbooks, Arcadia, California
Looking forward to it!

Noshabora GOLD said...
on Dec. 10 2009 at 10:25 pm
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

How odd. I can't think of why it wouldn't let you comment.Thankyou for your encouragement, I appreciate it. I've been posting things recently, if you're interested, though they haven't been cleared by the site staff as of yet. I expect they'll be posted in a day or two, however. Maybe check back in awhile? I'm fairly certain I'll have doubled the amount of work I have displayed onto this site.

Lostinbooks said...
on Dec. 10 2009 at 9:51 pm
Lostinbooks, Arcadia, California
I love the last lines...and such talented artwork as well! I looked at your art, but for some reason it wouldn't let me comment. Your Frost and Fire picture is...amazing!

Noshabora GOLD said...
on Dec. 6 2009 at 9:12 pm
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

(Poet) If anyone knows how to get rid of that picture that's up with the poem, I'd appreciate the tip. I accidently clicked it when I posted this, I think. Nothing wrong with the picture, it just has nothing to do with the poem at all.

JackXD SILVER said...
on Oct. 28 2009 at 3:28 pm
JackXD SILVER, Houston, Texas

this may not be a quote but i really love the lyrics-Trust in me the way I trusted you I know we could have done this together If you believed in me like I believed in you My heart would be forever in your hands-all that remains-forever in your hands

love the poem too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!