Eternity

I lie In bed at night and pray, that you will think of me. I cry until my eyelids close, and dream-eternity. I wake to sunlight on my face, for a moment I forget. Then a cloud passes by, and I realize, this is it. I carry on throughout the day, feigning joy, and feeling pain. I long to gaze upon your face, and share a smile, an embrace. The day is drawing to an end, and still I think of you. I try to relax, yet in my mind, I wonder, what to do. So now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. And should you chance to think of me, know that I love you-eternally.

TrinityCreed said...
Yeah I'm reading up your works, wow, you are a very talented poet. Alex you really do have a talent. A couple of my works are now pending, but there are other poems I write in my poem journal. Those poems are undecided if I want them in teenink. If you have any sugestions, please let me know. I'm in a state of limbo on that.

music-is-my-life replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 8:31 am
aww thanks travis. and i love your poetry. its amazing. i think you should post them. but if they are too personal, then i wouldnt. some of mine don't make it to teenink.

BriarRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

holy crap on a cracker....this is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!  i love this...

--breezy & the peanutbutter gallery

Maigz said...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 2:11 am
LOVE THIS! great job!!!!!!!!