Things that Hurt

In the middle of the spring
Crickets chirp and cardinals sing
All the children laugh and dance
As May sneaks up on the land
And a very deadly heat wave
Has risen up from summer’s grave
And came to dwell within our throats
And now the blood no longer flows
To the pinnacle the heat emerged
Wild beast disappeared in herds
What aren’t now ashes in the sky
Is cracked and peeled and burnt and dry
Though autumn gave us quite a flood
It isn’t enough to soothe the blood
We hope December can relieve
The scorching heat that summer did bring
We hope the snow will wash away
The painful burn that summer gave
In the beginning when snow is due
Birth is dying in the womb
We look for something that will cure
The suffering we must endure
From the fluid in our lunges
And the sickness we’ve become
Or the quiet in cold days
That slowly takes our life away
But there’s no hope and all is lost
All our hearts will seethe in frost
While we stuff our faces in vain
Choking on our hunger pains
As we regret that we did know
The cold and harsh ways of the snow.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm:
I love this, it's also beautiful, like almost every other one of your poems.  I can't believe I've never read any of these before, they're too good to be true!   This is yet another one of yours going in my favorites list.  Well done!

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 8:19 pm :
*sigh I'll bite....do I what?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 3:03 am :
I get that you're supposedly dark or whatever but considering how i dont neccesarily think so: do you understand whats going on in this one? its about these people that are dying from intense summer heat so they wished winter would come and when it did they froze to death. and you say its beautiful. there you are captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:25 am :
ahhhhhhhhh....well you're probably right on this one, I thought it was talking about the seasons going by, and you were just being pessimistic about each one, and all the other things were just symbolic to...nature I guess.....but now that you say it, it reminds me of Moses and the Hebrews...

Jul. 2, 2010 at 6:43 pm :
yeah it was about the seasons going by and it would be pessimism if what i said didnt actually happen. and whatever symbolism you're talking about, it might be just a part of their dying.

Kairah027 said...
May 8, 2010 at 12:36 pm:
BREATHE TAKING, SIMPLY WONDERFUL :)

May 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm :
thak you. thats what ive been trying to do.........