Holding On

Walking up and down the street, just like we used to, holding hands, holding conversations, holding each other in our hearts.
Now I walk that same street alone, holding nothing, holding emptiness, holding memories in my heart.
Memories of how we used to be, back when we were in love, holding everything together, never standing alone.
Then things changed, but we tried to fight it, holding on to something that was already too far gone to save.
So now I walk that same street alone, holding on to the knowledge that we can never get that back, holding on to the love thats not worth holding on to anymore.

Wildheart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 11, 2009 at 10:46 am
that was amazing, and i know how this feels. sometimes you just have to move on and remember, anyone who hurts someones heart isnt worth remembering, trust me, i know

LoveBam14 said...
SO Inspiring<33

luigis_love said...
this is a very beautiful piece i love how simple and calm it is and flows well too! keep writing your great at it!

INnaturegirl said...
omg... this is a beautiful poem!!!!!!! it describes exactly how i feel right now about this guy... your poem really helped me put my feelings into prospective. thank you for this piece!!!!!

Sunset17 said...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 5:25 am
That was a really great poem... very true and you put a lot of feeling into those words.

freewriter22 said...
Your poem is beautiful, honest and true. Keep writing, inspire others!