Depression

Depression is gray; dull, dark gray
It sounds like an empty silence
It tastes like flavorless food
It smells like smoke, but not a nice, hickory smoke; a smoke that makes you cough
It looks like an overcast sky
Depression makes you feel helpless, hopeless, and worthless

yolo# said...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:44 am
they can write about what ever they want, but this poem is very inspiring and depression is something ive been through, and thhis pretty much makes sense to all of it. :)

s.nichole said...
and love? lets you know that you are.
i love this poem.

smartypantsscorpio22 said...
Very good descriptions! I love it!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you for the comment :)

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah, me too :)

SarahZ said...
Wow I love this poem. Awesome keep writing!

Thank you very much.

kendraelysia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 11:50 am
Excellent description. Very easy to relate too. Depression does indeed, sound like an empty silence.

Thank you very much. I've never been depressed, but I can imagine what it feels like.

AmandaLee143 said...
I liked this poem a lot. No one is happy 24/7 , its good to get it out :)
I do it all the time. :)

I'm not depressed! I just wrote a poem about depression.

AmandaLee143 replied...
Ookk gotchaaa...

LunaMica said...
Very nice! For me, it's hard to write about emotions, at least, write about them well. But you, did awesome.

Thank you so much! I love to write about emotions. You should read some of my other poems.

Thank you so much! I love to write about emotions.

Sorry, I posted like the same thing twice!

kidsinclass said...
so, we felt ur poem was very intreeging. it was sad, but it was thoughtful. and very intense. we loved it. god bless

Thank you very much. I didn't know people would like my poem so much.

booboo said...
this is a good way for people to relize that depression hurts i hope you get happier!

I'm not depressed! I just wanted to write about an emotion.