Confusion

Confusion is all the colors of the rainbow
It sounds like that mysterious creaking noise you can’t identify
It tastes like a sour cupcake or a sweet pickle
It smells like a strange stench wafting out from the trash can
It looks like a striped cheetah or a spotted tiger
Confusion makes you feel like you are falling into a jumble of thoughts

boyda said...
Nicely done! I liked when you said "sour cupcake or sweet pickle", that would be very confusing! When you said "strange stench wafting out from the trash can", I could almost smell it! Confusion is quite a strange sensation, and you have captured it well.

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow, thank you so much!

boyda replied...
you're welcome, i commented for a school assignment

What do you mean?

kendraelysia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 11:51 am
Awesome. Nicely done. I like the last bit about falling into a jumble of thoughts.

Thanks for commenting :)

LunaMica said...
I really like this one..for each poet, I think confusion is a bunch of different things. I like how you took your own things, and put them together.

Thank you. I tried to use some good descriptions.

blob said...
I thought this poem was really confusing but had a lot of similies. what is your reason for writing this?

I wrote this because for English we had to write a poem about an emotion and use the senses to describe what that emotion is like. So I used similes to describe confusion, like how it is like a noise you cannot identify.

maybelaterright said...
We like all of your descriptions and similies. And you involed Your senses which made it easier to relate to confusion. Nice work :)

caandcb said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 11:56 am
overall it was very well thought out and gave me a good idea of what confusion feels like.

dylonmichael said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 10:39 am
i love your descriptions