My embarrassing moment! | Teen Ink

My embarrassing moment!

By Jessica Kern SILVER, Park City, Utah
Jessica Kern SILVER, Park City, Utah

One Tuesday night, after school had just gotten out, me and my mom decided we were low on food and needed to do a little shopping. Being the first week of school, it was packed!! As i heading into the store, i managed to squeeze into the produce isle. My mom asked me to get some onions for tonight's dinner, so i went and examined all the yellow onions to find the riposted ones. After at least five minutes of picking through hundreds of onions, i found the perfect one. Nice and firm, juicy, and yellow, absolutely no bruises!
I wrapped it into a bag and went through the crowd to find my mom. All of a sudan, the tiny plastic bag ripped into a sent the onion flying across the store! It thumped against the ground, “boom, bam”, then it finally stopped when it hit the wall of Whole Foods. I looked around to see everyone staring at me with the look of laughter in their eyes. My cheeks turned hot red and i sprinted over to my My once perfect onion was now mushy and brown as mud. I just picked it up, and through it in the cart.

we didn’t have onions that night