You removed your soul, then proceeded to remove my heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You said you would capture the stars for me
And thread them on Midas's string.
You said I should wear it around my neck,
That it would complement my eyes.
But they were empty promises,
Spoken with the tongue of a false love.

That necklace would look out of place now anyway.
When you left you stole the sparkle from my eyes
And placed them in a safe with my heart
And your soul.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a beautiful poem, I love the eye-necklace comparison. Congrats on being published :)

soccerchickunc said...
this is absolutely amazing (: i've been through identical experiances i know where you're coming from. this has so much meaning & great flow i love it. could you possibly check out my poem an escape? i need feedback (:

Shelly.B This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
my dear, this is beautiful and simple yet it has a hidden depth, i love your style, it reminds me of my own in a way...i would be honored if you would comment on my work <3

tortor09 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much. I will definitely check out your work. =)

Britny said...
Wow I really like this. (:

Thank you so very much. =)