An Uncertain Future

My mind is in disarray
Wondering which is the right way
Obstacles thrust themselves upon me
Trying to make me weak

My life seems so misplaced
All this seems so wrong
Those around me mislead me
Shake me off the right path

I feel confused and afraid
Unsure how to move on
But there are those who take my hand
They make me strong

Some make me wonder
Wether it was a mistake
And others remind me
That it was okay

Its hard for me to write this
My words come out clumsy and flat
But words are how I can express
All these feelings that I have

A few more years will come
And I shall make my own life
Remembering these times will help me
Stand and wait out the fight

choirchic101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i ike this poem. poetry is how we all express ourselves. sometimes its not perfect but its the way we fee. our feelings make for the best work sometimes. this is good. keep on writing

LaylaViolet said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 11:20 am:
You cannot believe how I stutter over my words, trying to get the right ones out there. This poem was really nice, totally easy to relate to. I read your other works; you're really good.

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you when you said that sometimes your words don't come our right. I feel that way too. But writing is a great way to express yourself, as this poem shows. The way you wrote this poem was not clumsy at all. Good job.

flawsversesperfection said...
I totally understand what you mean when you talk about how your words come out clumsy, but thats the way you express yourself, I feel that way all the time. This was good. Keep writing.

MikalaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 26, 2009 at 12:02 am:
putting your thoughts and feelings into words is what writing is all about. i love the poem; great job. Keep it up!