Life Obama's Way

She was in that school chair all the time,
And all day long.
She was tired of all this teaching,
And all the things that she got wrong.
She left there in a hurry, ran to her house,
Told her mom she was quitting,
She was going to drop out.
Her mom sat her down and said,
"Honey, please don't do this."
But her mind was made up,
And she couldn't be dealt with.
She told her mom that she was, sick of learning,
And that she wouldn't go back,
Even though she could see her mom it was hurting.

Life came hard and cruel to that little girl,
And she began to realize,
She had given up the world.
She had a poor little job,
At a convenience store.
And her trashy car had broken something
She just couldn't afford.
Her friends who had finished school had all become a success,
And she saw she had made of her life a complete mess.

She wanted to fix things,
But she couldn't pay for school.
And they didn't give any scholarships,
'Cause the government was cruel.
They had ruined the economy,
And had taken all the cash.
They had killed her elderly grandmother,
And all the old ones at last.

The President was a Communist,
And there was no hope.
The America she knew as a child,
Had all gone up in smoke.
One day she tells her children,
Of how it was like,
To be free to make decisions,
Without fear of a fight.
The veterans run and hide in fear,
Of the President now,
Because he says that they are a threat,
And they must be wiped out.

What happened to that country,
Land of the Free?
It was taken over by a man,
Who was communist as could be.

In the end there's no one old, fat, or free,
And no one has the choice to be
What they want to be.

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 1:42 am:
You mentioned sides..Its not about sides!!! Its about doing what is best for this country. What do you know of communism anyway. What do you think it is? Explain.

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm :

Communism: 1. A social system marked by the common ownership of the means of production and common sharing of labor and products. 2. A system of government in which the state party holds the power with the intention of establishing a social order in which all goods are shared equally. ~ Webster Dictionary

I will let you guys decide, but I think some of those points seem vaguely familiar.  Like Sunshineyday said, it is nowhere near a Communist regiem right now, but it is a bad sign... (more »)

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 4:29 pm :
haha I find this hilarious! WHO elected Obama? The American people of course! So its not obama's fault, its yours for electing him!

xAllegria said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 8:01 am:
Haha... the author is so deluded, it's just sad.

Dawanna M. said...
Wow... I can't believe this so your blaming Obama for all that is happened.. That is the problem right there people like you! expect PRESIDENT OBAMA to fix things in a snap.. You are crazy you, know I really think most people who dislike Obama is mad because he is partly African American and yes this world is still racist and always will be I guess.. I didn't hear JOCo Girl say anything about the BIG MESS President Bush has caused and now he left his mess for Pres. Obama to clean up!!... (more »)

midnight_compositions replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 11:08 pm :
Each is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm certainly not asking you to change yours, but use the term "communist" with sensitivity. Such terms can mean different things to different people and name calling isn't going to solve anything in the long run.

midnight_compositions replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 11:09 pm :
That comment was meant for the author of the article, not the one who posted the comment above mine FYI

WiggityWack<3 replied...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 8:04 pm :
Its okay, I don't know

hepburn replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 10:32 am :

@dawanna m.:

i agree with the fact that wayyy too many people were expecting him to fix everything right there and then! it takes a looong looong time to get everything done properly, usually the quick saves are the ones that crash later on.

i also think that all the people that dont share the same opinions as the ones that voted for obama should at least be tolerant and encourage him because america has to stick with him until the end of his term ANYWAY, so might as well try to... (more »)

WiggityWack<3 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 4:21 pm :
Thanks hepburn!!

heatherthered replied...
May 28, 2010 at 7:20 am :
Hepburn -  the problem is that he PROMISED to fix everything in a snap.

WiggityWack<3 replied...
May 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm :
@heatherthered President Obama DID NOT PROMISE TO DO THINGS IN A SNAP. NERVER HAVE I HEARD HIM SAY THAT. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR OPINION STRAIGHT. 

Sept. 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm :
His slogan was Change, and so far there has been very little of that, in the positive direction at least.  And two years is hardly a snap, when you consider our country has gone from 13 British colonies with slavery and a king to a united free democracy in 234 years.

NinjaOrange said...
Sounds like life under Bush.
Obama is not a communist, and he wants people to be more free. Like abortion. They won't FORCE you to "kill" your children. It is optional and only done when you are too poor to raise a child. Don't torture unwanted children. Life YOUR way would be a hellhole. Simply look up your facts from a place like CNN before you post.

bo-bob said...
wow. Seriously..?
and to whoever said that the terrorists started this with the World Trade Center attacks on 9/11...
It started much, MUCH farther back. At LEAST in the 90s. We originally began sending troops to the middle east because of OIL. Iraq had become a bit of a hotheaded powerhouse, and was beginning to take over countries and occupy them to steal their oil.
The terrorists DID NOT start this all on 9/11. Get your facts straight.

bo-bob replied...
Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:00 pm :
Graeme, you're over exaggerating. And t hat comment about her IQ is unnecessary..

JoCoGirl replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:51 pm :
No, I agree. This did not start on 9/11. It has been going on for a long time, but they kicked it off with 9/11 and I hope we stay there to finish it.

GTaylor replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:50 pm :
Wait, if you agree with him why did you say it started on 9/11???

GTaylor said...
Also, the fact that you cout rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin as good people, makes me wonder who told you what to say. Sarah Palin is one of the dumbest people I have ever seen, and Rush Limbaugh just yells. Just stick to hunting and fishing

JoCoGirl replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:48 pm :
No one told me what to say! This is my own opinion and for your info, Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh are a lot smarter than the idiots in Washington who are running things and I would prefer Sarah Palin to any of them. I'm able to state my opinon while hunting and fishing too. I can multi-task.

GTaylor replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:50 pm :
Sarah Palin is one of the dumbest person who used to be in politics. She blamed no existing people, and admitted she didn't know much about key topics. Rush Limbaugh is a joke, who makes money compelling people who know nothing. The "idiots" in Washington are currently making good moves for our country, and are very smart men and women. I know your a girl, and you should switch sides: When the ERA amendment was trying to be processed, which gave Women equal rights no matter what, ... (more »)

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_m0dr42nbs5kkh9jf3qc47akp37, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0