Life Obama's Way

She was in that school chair all the time,
And all day long.
She was tired of all this teaching,
And all the things that she got wrong.
She left there in a hurry, ran to her house,
Told her mom she was quitting,
She was going to drop out.
Her mom sat her down and said,
"Honey, please don't do this."
But her mind was made up,
And she couldn't be dealt with.
She told her mom that she was, sick of learning,
And that she wouldn't go back,
Even though she could see her mom it was hurting.

Life came hard and cruel to that little girl,
And she began to realize,
She had given up the world.
She had a poor little job,
At a convenience store.
And her trashy car had broken something
She just couldn't afford.
Her friends who had finished school had all become a success,
And she saw she had made of her life a complete mess.

She wanted to fix things,
But she couldn't pay for school.
And they didn't give any scholarships,
'Cause the government was cruel.
They had ruined the economy,
And had taken all the cash.
They had killed her elderly grandmother,
And all the old ones at last.

The President was a Communist,
And there was no hope.
The America she knew as a child,
Had all gone up in smoke.
One day she tells her children,
Of how it was like,
To be free to make decisions,
Without fear of a fight.
The veterans run and hide in fear,
Of the President now,
Because he says that they are a threat,
And they must be wiped out.

What happened to that country,
Land of the Free?
It was taken over by a man,
Who was communist as could be.

In the end there's no one old, fat, or free,
And no one has the choice to be
What they want to be.

AishaDae said...
People have been dropping out for many years before Obama came along. Who would he make someone drop out? He's trying to do the exact OPPOSITE. Oh yeah, you said he was communist? Right, right... where exactly do you get your info? From your Republican parents that have thier own opinion?I suggest if your feelings are hurtful towards others, you take it somewhere else. Otherwise, get the right facts. Opinions shouldn't come from rumors!

AishaDae said...
No, it was not free then. Bush spent over 21 trillion dollars and blew it off. He's is the reason we are all in so much debt. Obama, on the other hand, spends money so our counrty may get more.

everthought said...
land of the free? give me a break. was america free when bush ran america?

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 12:53 pm :
Yes everthought, yes it was.

EveMarie said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 11:28 am:
people have been dropping out for years, and you dont know whats going to happen. Personally I am offended, and I want you to take your feeling somewhere else unless you are going to present nicely. all the problems you bring up, have been happening for years okay?

mare_bear said...
May 28, 2010 at 5:32 pm:
haunting, but true. no it hasnt happened yet, DUH! if u read the comment she put about the poem, its her prediction. it will happen though. i may not understand everything, but were for Hell, lemme tell u

DaisyC. replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:12 am :
What? How exactly is Obama driving a little girl out of school? (and so what if he was) How is he killing the elderly? I understand that this a prediction, but what makes you think this will happen?

marebear replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 5:51 pm :

1. I believe that when the author wrote the poem, she wasn't accusing Obama of making the girl drop out of school. They just meant that lots of high school students drop out nowadays, and the downfalling economy made it difficult to get a job.

2. Now, I will admitt that I like the basis of this policy. We've all heard the stories of people getting 12-15 MRIs, when they only really need 2. A policy that denies unecessary procedures is a good idea in my opinion. However, people tend... (more »)

heatherthered said...
May 28, 2010 at 7:17 am:
This is so 10000000% true

fictionlover10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2010 at 8:31 pm:
I agree that while the poem was well written, your ideas weren't backed up and you were just accusing Obama of things he hasn't done. You need to learn to have respect for the president because he has a tough job and is in a tough situation right now.

AishaDae replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 5:31 pm :
I completely agree!!

Mimi8 said...
May 2, 2010 at 8:38 am:
Your poem was well written. I hate the ideas you put into it. Obama has done nothing wrong! THe only things he is doing are things that need to be done to wake this lazy country up. People here need to learn what it means to work to fix something. It is not always easy. Do you think that any other person could have done better. Everyone is just being lazy and is not willing to fight for the right cause when it is there under their noses!

heatherthered replied...
May 28, 2010 at 7:18 am :
Please tell me your joking.  Maybe he hasnt done anything wrong but he has done nothing right

Mimi8 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm :
I am not joking. At least he is trying. I would like to see you do any better. And finally, I think that the people of our country are just being lazy. They have no patience, and they want a quick simple fix. Sorry, that is not going to happen, ever! We have screwed up everything so much it is a wonder that anyone would even attempt to make changes. And yeah! They might take a while. Just deal with it.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 8:23 am:

While I think that your poem was written very well, I do have to address the actual points made in your poem.

I guarantee you that what Obama is doing is nothing like communism in reality. 
The last time I checked, the health care bill does nothing to hinder your ability to think freely and to think for yourself. Obama trying to take more of a nice role in international relations would only help the US. Without countries willing to back up the United States, it's highly ... (more »)

heatherthered replied...
May 28, 2010 at 7:19 am :
Th only thing hes done to help foregin relations is travel the world with our tax dollars and telling everyone how sorry we are and all of that crap.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:46 am :
Actually though, at least he did improve foreign relations. Obama will not be able to change anything or do anything that would require the approval of the international community if no one wanted to back him up.

Sept. 15, 2010 at 1:01 pm :
I, for one, support the war in the Middle East.  We cannot truly be free when there are still enemies and oppression in the world.  How would you feel, in your great country enjoying life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, while people in Middle Eastern countries are oppressed by terrorists?  And even if you didn't think about it, I'm sure you'd feel pretty bad about letting the terrorists off the hook the next time they pulled something like 9/11.

Sunshineyday said...
My parents spent many years under communist rule in the former yugoslavia, and trust me, what Obama is doing CAN NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to actual communism. I'm tired of people who don't know a thing about what it's like to live under communist rule taking it upon themselves to act as experts and identify "communistic tendencies" and "communist initiatives". YOU HAVE NO IDEA, and neither do Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or any of the other egotistical talking heads who only are on TV /radio because th... (more »)

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 1:42 am:
You mentioned sides..Its not about sides!!! Its about doing what is best for this country. What do you know of communism anyway. What do you think it is? Explain.