I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

September 6, 2009
By amitchellx3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
amitchellx3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 7 photos 0 comments

I believe in leadership and creating your own path; I believe in dreaming and reaching for the impossible; I believe in silver linings and that life is truly what you make it; I believe in being different and that standing out is better.
I believe.

I believe in peace and that violence is not the answer; I believe in equality and that everyone deserves a chance; I believe in life and that no one deserves to die; I believe in change and that change can make you stronger.
I believe.

I believe in country music and singing at the top of my lungs; I believe in friendship, it's what gets you through the day; I believe in nature and the freedom to let go; I believe in taking pictures and making memories last; I believe in imperfection, it's what makes us who we are.
I believe.

I believe in family and the unbreakable bonds that are tested; I believe in laughter and that laughter can save lives; I believe in freedom and believing you can fly; I believe in dancing and showing your true colors.
I believe.

I believe that I am strong and that I can overcome anything; I believe that I’m a survivor and that nothing can destroy me; I believe in my future and that I can change the world; I believe in me and always being who I am.
I believe.


The author's comments:
I want people to believe that there is more to life than what we see on a daily basis. It is important that we, especially as teenagers, never stop believing in our dreams. I believe that each of us can change the way we live if we just change our overall perspective of life first and that we have the power to make a difference if we set our minds to it. We are the hope of the future.