Maybe I&#39ll let my Heart be Happy

I've never felt like this,
I've never thought of taking a chance
with someone like him.
Never took that step,
without knowing they wouldn't step with me.
Always chose the ones
who didn't want me.
Now..
I wonder what he'll do.
I wonder what he'll say.
For once,
I'm not wishing to run away.
If he says no,
The World isn't at an end.
If he says yes,
the usual pessimistic view
Will most likely come back.
But maybe this time-
it wont be as harsh,
If I'm the one who brings it up.
Maybe this time,
I'll just let My Heart be happy..
Instead of letting myself
dissect it.

MercedesXO said...

i completely agree!! i ALWAYS over analyze e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g in my life. it's really frustrating, because then i feel like i secretly set my self up for falure. ya know? like, if i over analyze a relationship i freak out and think of reasons why we shouldn't be going out, or how something could go wrong and "we.re just gonna break up at some point anyways." and honestly? it's sooo tiering. i am currently in a new relationship. im 16 (and this is my second relationship....i led the single li... (more »)

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow.. lol ThankYou for sharring your thoughts with me, and I am happy that you can relate so well :) I myself, have only had two actual bfs.. one was two weeks and the other five months which i jus currently broke up with him.. So I'm on the single path for a wile.. kinda scared to jump back into the dating world.. Right now focusing on friends and great people i"m finding i care about. I can't wait to see which direction my life goes, and since i chose a christian path, i can't wait to s... (more »)