I Would Have to Settle This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In my dream last night
I dreamt
I kissed a man in purple;

He had plastic bags over his lips
And I had to nibble them away,
As his fingers (made of chalk)
Left white streaks in my hair.

‘Full moon sways’
Like the cradle of a mother’s arms
On the coldest winter day
(In a faraway place);
Scarves and stockings in dressers--
“I have always been waiting for you,”
He said.

maddielouwho88This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 1 at 1:51 am
I love the plastic bags over the lips-- such a unique, yet beautiful sensation

mayaholt said...
Like someone else said, great imagery! Very surreal Also, like another someone else said, I don't get it but I definitely like it :)

Savannainthesky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the imagery!!

Najma R. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! I'm a loss for words right now, but really great job detailing an imagery-based dream.

haley101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:38 am
I love the imagery when you wrote that his fingers left white streaks in your hair. I like how this was so visual, and surreal. It reminds me of my own dreams. I can relate. 

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't know why but it gave me chills.

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I don't get it, but I like it (:

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
SAME THO XD

rachboosh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
love this. very surreal.