Parallel | Teen Ink

Parallel

March 26, 2024
By GirlIn15GlassPieces GOLD, Waco, Texas
GirlIn15GlassPieces GOLD, Waco, Texas
10 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind – even if your voice shakes." — Maggie Kuhn


Two, Five, Four, dash, ssseven, no maybe six. I get tired of writing numbers down not because of their length or even because the person i'm trying to reach has a phone number that's to long, but because the person is simply to long to reach, and I just can't ever seem to get close enough for them to hear. Yes, I mean long. The word tall was too weird to write so I decided that whoever decided to say tall instead of long was wrong. That never really made sense to me. Of course people say i'm crazy for asking why the world was so diligent instead of lazy. Like, if you lay a tree down on the ground and measure it, do you say that it's five feet seven inches long? I would, but I don't get a say in the English language. I don't get a say at all because my dear, deer sized friends in middle school call me a tree, and the universe decided that deer ate leaves of trees like me. In my world the dear people would eat money or fear, instead of eating leaves because it pinches my ever thinner each time the deer bite off my leaves. But, since, I wasn't there when god made that North America was on top of South America and north was up and south was down and left is loosey and right is tighty, I will just have to scream through my teeth and pretend to be okay with the way the traffic lights work. Or, maybe, the deer in the world will grow some flowers and have a little-lot more perspective and see parallel as whichever direction you want it to be.