Vulnerable on Facebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I type in my name
Password
And then hit the enter key
I procrastinate
Avoid the reason why I'm here
Read the happiness of other people
Whose hearts aren't breaking in two
I take a deep breath
And notice the trembling in my hands
Exhale and click the button
I hesitate
Wondering if I wait, if things may change
Being hasty could delete me from your thoughts
Instead my fingers hit the switch button
Listening to my brain and not my hurting heart
It now reads “Single”
Never thought Facebook would hold so much power
But now my new status is there for everyone to see
I'm vulnerable
And now everyone knows it

Airicorn said...
Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:26 am
I felt the same way with my boyfriend when he and I broke up. We're considered the cutest couple in our whole high school so changing that status just killed me. It actually caused me to delete my facebook to avoid having to change it. <3

megsloveslions said...
Wow very good! I really like it, keep up the good work! Please check out my work, it would mean a lot! I totally know what you mean, once you switch it you relize that there's no going back, that you be the same as before.

Powd3er said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxDear Mr. President Let Meh Tell You 'Bout Hard Work Building A Bed Out Of A Cardbord BoxXx

CourtneyCausesChaos said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:30 am
I know how that feels no matter how long its been that you two are dating. Just one little word or action like changing you status to single thats when it hits you. You just lost more then you thought. You were comfertable and unafraid and now.. here you are and you're changed. And you will never be the same person that switched it to in a realtionship either. Its funny how one little word can break your heart but the truth is.. its the little things in life that make it all the more. For b... (more »)

natec replied...
Congrats yet another good poem by a very good writer.. keep it up

Graceless91 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you...couldnt have done it without you