New This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The kitchen needs new cabinets,
the walls need new trim,
and the patio needs new tiles.
Constant complaints, harping, and carping,
my mother never ceases,
my father ceases listening.
“It’ll go on the list” is his response
After every tantrum and fight.
HGTV, DIY, and TLC
shows, which I see as wood,
wood that fuels the fire.
Its warmth turned to ice.
The cold shoulder, the silent treatment,
used to get throw pillows and knick-knacks.
This fire never stopping, only smoldering
“We could use new faucets for the bathroom, new curtains for the porch …. ”

Oldpersonpolice said...
You must be REALLY OLD.

Powd3er said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxDear Mr. President Let Meh Tell You 'Bout Hard Work Building A Bed Out Of A Cardbord BoxXx

mutekid016 said...
I think it's amazing. I think I get what your saying. The new trim and walls are discussions you tried to have. Your parents don't listen to you. I think your a deep insighted person. Love it. And for the record it is totally not lame !

Yael R. said...
reminds me a little of the opposite of this poem
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/those-winter-sundays/

lolalala said...
Sept. 2, 2009 at 1:42 am
Ummmm I dont get it... And even if i did get it id say GAYYY

~*The-Broken-Hearted-Girl*~ replied...
ummm... harsh much?

writer24/7/365 said...
Sept. 1, 2009 at 12:47 am
i love this! u have an amazing way of making people feel like they can relate!

mgraves said...
Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:48 am
Great rhythm, awesome poem. I can relate too!

music said...
preety good!!!

Mallory said...
Aug. 19, 2009 at 2:46 am
Good work. I could totally relate.

NolitaFairytale said...
That was good stuff. There are a few things going on in this poem, and you did a nice job at weaving the two of them together. I liked that whole idea that the anger never really died down, and there is a sort of vicious cycle taking place. Nice work!

KDtheGhostwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm glad that you choose "New" as the title. It really does the piece justice. Good job.

Kazim Z. said...
Jul. 31, 2009 at 2:00 am
i love how the symbolic "fire" is related so accurately to the poem at its different stages. it utilizes beautiful language and great style. as many people have already asked you: could you read my work?

BillyJoeBobKellyGeorge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2009 at 5:43 am
I like the intensity of your poem whereas the flow is at a constant. Continue to write.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 24, 2009 at 1:13 am
3 words ... awesome loved it! <3 Kayla p.s. tell me what you think of my work, please and thanks!?

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this piece. It's very interesting. Your poem flows so perfectly. Keep it up!

~~If you have time, please check out my work. Comment and rate. Only if you wish! Thanks!

Kristen H. said...
Jul. 22, 2009 at 1:55 am
I really like this and can relate to this a lot. My mom is always whining about getting new junk and then depressed cause' we are not wealthy enough to cover everything in gold. Thanks for the poem.

Lainee said...
Your writing is poetic, but the most intriguing thing is that it is such a good example of real life, and good writers stroke life often.

Melinda L. said...
Wow. That was really good. I loved your word choice and you are an amazing writer. :)

cree8ive said...
i really liked it! you did a good job capturing what you wanted to. love the style, word choice, all very good. would you mind reading some of my stuff and giving me some pointers? i'm always up for advice!