Big Mouth, little words This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Inevermetsomeone
Whocouldtalksofast
Andsaynexttonothing
Insuchanurgentmanner.

I NEVER MET SOMEONE
WHO COULD TALK SO LOUD
AND YET SPEAK SO SOFTLY
I COULD BARELY HEAR.

I … like … never … um … met … ­someone …
who … could … uh … think … so … much …
and … like … say … hmm … so … little …
that … I … er … saw … no … point … to … it …

!!!I!!!never!!!met!!!someone!!!
?who?could?use?tons?of?punctuation?
!?and!?express!?no!?emotion!?
… it … sounded … like … m-o-n-o-t-o-n-e …

I never met someone
who could fake it so well
and fail so miserably
that I stopped believing.

DidYOUum!!!hear

that?

TheReaper27 said...
Wow this is creative and a great relatable topic! it's wonderful. keep writting

writer3499 said...
Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:26 am
WOW this is so creative and such a great relatable topic!!! Amazing! Would you mind commenting on some of my work?

writer3499 said...
Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:26 am

that girl said...
I love this peom because that is a lot like me ,I have a big mouth but say little words and some times just go all out.I think this author should make more poems. awesome job:)

Fia-fia said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:52 am

WOW... that was amazing and really interesting! There is a legit reason this is in the magazine! Congrats! Please write more, this was very creative and interesting! I love the different way you expressed the tone of voice or the volume. Really an amazing piece of work! Thank you so much for sharing! A very interesting point you make as well.. makes you think! Thank you!

:)

stanza1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thi is dope!

zeedancer replied...
That.......is........LEGIT!!!

CrazyNerdyFangirl said...
That was really creative. XD Love.

NigomayNamikaze said...
Wwwoooooowwww! That was so tough! I luvvvved it!

Andres V. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like it it alot. very creative

poet.lover said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:45 am
wow such a different view of writing in this poem than most poems. i really love it. this poem, although somewhat humorous, reaches levels of depression, happiness, and all the emotions in between. very well written!! please take a look at some of my poems please, thanks!

Missundrstoodx2 said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:02 am
humorous play on punctuation and verbal norms people pick up and carry on. nice!

Pizefighter said...
Your use of punctuation and capitalization is PHENOMENAL. You used them in a way that didn't detract from the message, but actually made it clearer. Rock. On.

TaoTwins said...
really good work, i really enjoyed it. I think its very original!

TaoTwins said...

That was AWESOME! I love it!!

And i enjoyed reading it. Very original!

belieber said...
love this! check out mine? :)

Hobbit@Heart .. said...
Very well written.. And of course very true, {especially when applied to stereo-typical, surbia teens}

Ally1832 said...
Wow. I literally said WOW! out loud. This was completely amazing. Like...I have no words to describe how much I actually liked this poem. No...I loved it...

Afra- said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 8:33 am
=D i loved your poem...

Risible said...
It's making fun of how teenagers talk and write, and exposing how with all the talk, not much actually gets said. It's also exposing someone that hides behind all that talk with lies and empty words. Sorry Joanna L. I love the poem and felt the need to respond! :) Apologies, and correct me, if that's not right!