Having You Alongside Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Is much better than going to London, Italy, France, Greece, Hoboken
or being caught up in the crowds on the streets of New York City while going to the Empire State Building
partly because your cologne smells like a ­better, more handsome version of Ben ­Affleck
partly because of my love for you, partly ­because of your love for your new Mustang
partly because of the rain trickling down your window, partly because of your hands
partly because of the way your words inspire my psyche and soul
it is difficult to understand how one can live their life without this intoxicating bliss
the way your brown eyes longingly converse with mine, wordless, content, practically frozen in time
in the cool October nightly breeze, we are hidden beneath a large warm cover
burrowed deep with a family of bunnies in their holes
and the city pedestrians seem to make no noise at all, just a blur of images
you suddenly wish if only this moment could go on forever, sitting upon your scruffy ­maroon porch steps
I glance at your soft jaw line, and I would rather look at your face than at all the busy people of the world
and when you are with me my stress seems to fly away
and what is the point of all the busy
pedestrians hurrying to jobs
when they never got the chance to pause for a second and experience a perfect situation with a mate, for it was unconditional love at first sight
suddenly realize how fortunate, have someone to hold, someone to longingly care and deeply cherish
when many never got the chance to
experience this pure glee, as if never existed to begin with
this will not fritter away on us; I whisper these soft words into your ear then we sit upon these cold steps, not alone but together.

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This poem portrays vivid emotions so beautifully, you have a definite voice. I love it! :)

Could  anyone check out my writing pieces (poems, "Butterflies" and "Falling") please??? I'm new to TeenInk and would really love some feedback on my work :)

kimmi said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 10:18 am
INCREDIBLE! You need to keep writing things cause your amazing!!

bamboom212 said...
Incredible. Absolutely incredible. I'm in love with this, especially my relatability to it:) PLEASE keep writing!

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 11:39 am
2 wordss...i LOVE it:) beautifull! keep it upp

sasssgirrrl22 said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 11:37 am
youu can definetlyy tel wrote wit emotion. this is incredibly touching. i luv the "the way your brown eyes longingly converse with mine, wordless, content, practically frozen in time." can definetly realte to tht(: plzzzzz keep writinngg. uve got talent !

jacobghmaster said...
Aug. 17, 2009 at 1:56 am
one word...AWESOME!

KDtheGhostwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You definately wrote from the heart. That's the best kind. I'm glad you posted this piece. Keep up the good work.

raychull1513 said...
hahah this actually made me think of the guy i love...and how much i loved having him next to me, how the world seemed to stand still.
very moving, well done.

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very deep, amazing. you really get your emotions across in your writing.

Wildheart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG!!! that was the best poem i have ever heard! it was awesome, i could feel the passion from the bottom of your heart rising up! it was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Raid2bcool said...
Jul. 19, 2009 at 3:46 am
wow this is an AMAZING poem... i love it... =D keep the good work <3

Melinda L. said...
Jul. 17, 2009 at 12:11 am
Wow, that was deep. I could feel the passion of yourself in this. Amazing. Keep writing! Your poem inspired me. this is one of my favorite poems ever.

Julie Kisakye said...
Sophie,You are an incredible author!
I feel this love!!!!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2009 at 2:22 am
WOW! This is amazing, definately one of my all time favorite poems! Wow is all I can say, your poem is truly beautiful, I LOVE IT! Please come check out some of my poems and let me know what you think, after reading your work, I'd love you know what you have to say about mine. Again, this is truly beautiful, I love it! I'm going to add it to my favorites list! Wow, simply and purly phenomenal!