From Here to the Sidewalk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Peeking from beneath long lashes
his gentle gray eyes search your gaze
for guidance. You show him again –
he messily attempts to mimic
the motions, but the knots won’t hold, and
laces come apart like a Pull ’n’ Peel
cherry Twizzler. Patiently you wait;
he purses his small lips and concentrates
exclusively on the challenge at his feet.
Finally, a feeble bow balances atop
both shoes – his eyes outshine his smile
as he stands and saunters out the door,
displaying his delight in newfound expertise.

lightning13 said...
The twizler simile was very good and i love how it reflected something that happens everyday. Very relatable and i really loved it. 

Alexandrathepoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I simply love your style of writing

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 26, 2011 at 12:35 am
i love how you turned something so simple into a beautiful poem!

icicle said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 10:12 am
This is awesome. I love the descriptions, they're not redundant and they're very original - it's perfect. Keep up the great work.

RedpillBluepill said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 1:27 am
The alliteration is dope. Pull N Peel Twizzler thing was real creative. Only problem with it really is there are too many words. You're very talented.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:26 am
Love your simile about Twizzlers - and all your detatils. Great work!

Katie[: said...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 9:43 am
That's a really good poem. I enjoyed it very much.(:

Abby:) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:34 am
Wow, I really liked this poem! It's a beautiful depiction of one the first "stepping stones" in life. Congrats on getting BOTH of your poems in the magazine!

AmnyR said...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 8:12 am
aw, sweet. reminds me of me teaching my brothers stuff like that. great article

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2009 at 1:39 am
i thought it was a-ma-zing... i loved it from the first 2 lines! thanks for posting this! :)

Melinda L. said...
I loved it! I also enjoyed how you didn't break the lines into stanzas. It was beautiful.

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 1:33 am
i love this poem! i tore it out of the magazine and put it in my binder:) i like how precise everything is, without being picky. amazing job:) check out some of my poems:)

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful, purely beautiful! I love it, great job! I loved how you went away from the norm and deliberately did not break the lines up into stanzas, very original! Please check out some of my poems! Thanks! PLEASE keep writing :D