Do you Care? | Teen Ink

Do you Care?

By VineetdaPoet BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
VineetdaPoet BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

Make each day your masterpiece

Martin Luther King Jr. is about the minority against the privileged

LeBron James is about education for disadvantaged children

Dave Archambault is about preservation of the North Dakota Access Pipeline

The politician is about pandering to the interests of the people in hope of re-election

America is about being a big country full of Supremacists Neo-Nazis Russians & Americans

Blue collared workers wall street workers Silicon Valley the Rust Belt legal and illegal immigrants Moderates, don’t forget

China is about dynasties termless “presidents” committing genocide against millions of underprivileged Uyghurs

But that’s not really China it’s every world power

All world powers are about how to appear benevolent in the eyes of the media without ever enacting change. The media is about the truth & checking politicians, also the rich

The rich are about looking at the slums from towering mansions

Or else opportunities to help those who they have already kicked down

Everything is about something if you’re an intellectual analyzing spatial interactions

The world is about mercantilism, proxy wars, racism, trade wars, America first, handshakes

The global war for talent, malevolence towards climate initiatives, utility of citizens

Communication is about animosity towards differing opinion and polarized perspectives, i.e. fake news.

God is about God

An American is about absorbing information from the television without brain activity –

The audience is about the leader, listeners are ABOUT the Super Bowl, the stock market, yearning for the newest Apple product & the newest gaming console.

Trump Clinton Kobach & Yoder are about votes & super pacs, above all the interests of the wealthy & economic segregation—

Who cares what it’s all about?

I do! Martin Luther King Jr. cared! Lebron James cares! Dave Archambault cares! Politicians and the rich do NOT care!

Do you care? What are you about

Or are you a human being with limbs that never move?

written for my AP Literature class!