Voyage to the Bahamas | Teen Ink

Voyage to the Bahamas

By Kiddo1234 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
Kiddo1234 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

It was bright sunny day, my family and me woke up at four, the birds were chirping in early spring as we rushed out the door.

Fwoosh we were up in the sky, far far above, anyone else, even the clouds with the bright sun above.

The rocky ground was rough as we skidded, bumping this way and that, attached to our seats as we touched down, rushing out the door to the bus that awaited, grabbing our bags as the sea called.

We were gonna be late!

going to miss the ship!

But the driver of our van was, thank God, a little bit crazy.

Rushing past red lights and cutting through shortcuts!

He was screaming about Jesus and god our saviors?

Finally we were there, the ship almost, left but wait, my grandpa screaming at the ship captain that he was going to have a seizure if we didn’t get there, stopping the boat from leaving and waiting for us, we jumped on board to let the boat go.

What about that, such an adventure it was.

And there we were floating on a big carnival, the big blue sea stretched out as far as the eye could see.

Three days we sailed to our destination, and when we got there it did not disappoint the imagination.

Sharks swimming at your feet and color everywhere, almost like a dream, paradise in the air.

Then we had to leave back home, always remembering that week in the greatest place I’ve been.