The Girl From the Green House | Teen Ink

The Girl From the Green House

February 13, 2019
By ahs-writer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
ahs-writer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am from the green house at the end of the road, with the chickens who died from the wilderness that encases my house. I am from a self-starter, and a career switcher. I am from a family of five who sometimes over spends our time together.


I am from a brother and sister who reign over me. I am from arguments over a car, a pair of light wash Abercrombie jeans, and a secluded room in the base of the house. I am from the blue sky during afternoon kickball games, with our worn out green slide as home base.


I am from the inadequate ideas my siblings and I share. I am from the electric motor scooter that somehow crashed as I drove and tore open my sisters knee. I am from the wet rock that made me slip and my eyebrow burst.


I am from the worldly adventures, which changed my life. I am from the earthquake that struck my family in China. I am from the people in the Bahamas, the food in France, and the sights in Italy.


I am from the green paint that covers my house, and the chicken feathers that blow in the wind. I am from a family who spreads nothing more than love. I am from an old farm house at the end of the road.