Ode to the stars | Teen Ink

Ode to the stars

December 7, 2018
By Brandongarzaofficial SILVER, Hemet, California
Brandongarzaofficial SILVER, Hemet, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Thank you Stars, for the adventures you’ve aided me in. Those nights of walking alone, joined by your company.

Listening when nobody else seemed to, allowing my eyes to gaze at the glorious luminance you put out into our darkened world.

Many others see you are just balls of gas floating, drifting waiting to die out. What I see is a light that luminates the night sky, with holding thousands of stories within them. Sitting, watching, listening, Shining. 

I see more to you then what others think, some may say it's crazy, some, nonsense, but I know I’m not the only one.

The only one to climb on my roof and gaze into the dark night, to watch them, admire the, so over looked on, lights above.

Wishes we often make into the night sky aren’t going to a void of nothing, but held, until they come to life even when you have forgotten them.

Thank you stars for being the one firend I can count on. 


The author's comments:

I always climb up to my (secure and stable) flat roof and watch the night sky. And just gaze and wonder, feeling secure and complete.