Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

By ShoshiSerif00 GOLD, Peyton, Colorado
ShoshiSerif00 GOLD, Peyton, Colorado

" "Thank you," he finally said. He couldn't say he meant thanks for all of it: the keys, the trust, the honesty, the kisses. Hopefully Andrew would figure it out eventually. "You were amazing." " - All for the Game by Nora Sakavic

What if: When the world begins blending into grays and blacks with lack of any white whatsoever--we don’t care to look at the blues and greens and reds any more?

What if: Instead of looking for color that is right there in front of us, we stare up at the gray sky with gray clouds and a gray sun and forget what the color of life even looks like?

What if: We get so tired of looking up at the sea of darkening screens that we drop our gaze back to the colors--only to find them gone in the expanding void of the earth that we had expected would catch us and warm us--but it doesn’t care for us?

What if: The loss of the earth’s gentle hug and the sky’s gentle smile sends us into such MADNESS that we bound past the line of safety to force the feeling--the sight--the smell--the color... back into our lives?

What if: No matter how many barbs and wires and long-forgotten loves we step over to trapse ahead of the dark and the grays, it’s never enough to bring us back to the color that life once gave?

What if… We never find it again, and resign to a dream. A dream to bring back the lively, the lovely. A dream to bring back the happy, the silly… A dream to bring back the dreams of before.

What if… We can never dream again?