Beauty | Teen Ink

Beauty

By SilverMagic SILVER, Houston, Texas
SilverMagic SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Rejection is Protection" -Unknown

All of us experience our lives differently,

For some the world may seem like a place that is full of hatred and doubt and it keeps us from following our dreams and guide us to go through hell as a cruel person who doesn’t believe.

Others see the world like a sugar cube that when pressured to much it crumbles and breaks away leaving nothing but despair so they are scared to show themselves.

But for me it’s different.

I look through my eyes at the earth burning to the ground as fires erupt all around me and I see the beauty in it as it burns and become ashes on the ground from which we scoop in our hands and blow it away to go with the wind.

I watch as the earth blossoms through the ashes and the blackened ground and sprout a new forest of life and prove to itself it can become whole again.

Because from each moment in our lives when something erupts and it may be good or bad but there always some sort of beauty in it.

I know this because two years ago, my dog died,

I grieved for him yes, but it all showed the love I have for him.

I never stopped missing him but I saw the beauty of his passing as the life cycle moves on and leaves him in the past, making his body disintegrate into the ground leaving only his bones lying beneath our soil.

And although this moment was saddening and the grief overwhelming, his body and his soul helped heal the emotional scars that bedridden the earth after many years of destruction and doubt.

See there isn’t just sadness in moments of grief but moments of love and support and beauty.

This is what I’m talking about. The world is different for all of us, but it is how we decipher it, that’s what really matters.

This piece is about how we each see the world differently and how I see it.