I Am Who I Am | Teen Ink

I Am Who I Am

September 17, 2018
By Anonymous

Darkness, pure darkness around me, the only light that is shining is me.
The others around me, and they’re all playing, laughing, running around. They all shine exactly like me, but they’re not me.
But why can’t I run along with them, laugh with them, play with them, be like them.
I’m alone, when I feel lonely I cover myself with the blankets I have at night, never wanting to be seen.
Why do they say that I look beautiful, when I believe I’m not, I’m just a disturbance in the night.
In the day I hide, where no one can see me, my friend is much better than me.
She’s bigger than me and shines brighter, bringing smiles to everyone.
Why can’t I be like that, why can’t I shine brighter, and nobody ever sees me because they’re eyes are close.
Maybe I was meant to be like this, forever, and forever, because I,
am the moon.


The author's comments:

This is nothing personal it was just for fun, I have always loved seeing the moon everynight, guess why I always sleep late. So I just wanted to make this like a sad article about it, so I have nothing against it. Because sometimes when I look up I cant always find it when it's hiding from the clouds, or when it's alone and I can't see any star. So this is didicated to my love! THE MOON!