Mad Hatters | Teen Ink

Mad Hatters

By Eliza... SILVER, Calumet City, Illinois
Eliza... SILVER, Calumet City, Illinois

I'm ready to go, ready to fall. You've seen all I can show, and I've shown myself to all. The only thing I don't wanna leave is you, I know you feel the same way too.

This isn't just a friendship, I know you're in love, I could tell when you kissed my lips, whenever you look at me I'm loved.

You know I feel the same, but you don't think we can be together. But it's just such a shame, we'd be together forever. But I have to leave your side, I need to give you up. But its impossible to decide, our time isn't enough. And it's because I love you.

F**k the poetry, there's so much I wanna say. I asked for just one day, I got it, and it hurt so bad. I have to admit, that s**t made me sad. For just one day I didn't feel alone. You're my bae, even if that's not your name in my phone. Even if we aren't dating, my love for you isn't fading. Even if you don't feel the same, even if I'm too lame. None of that matters, because we're just two random a** mad hatters…

Yea... We're just two random a** mad hatters. So let's just choose the latters, let's just choose what's best for us, because everyone else just left us in the dust. They all just gave up on us, so let's just leave them to fuss. Let's just leave them to f**k themselves. But we're just us, if I could. I'd leave my heart to rust. I feel like I should, I feel like I have to. There's nothing else to do, except leave you...

~Eliza...

Sorry for the language used in this poem. Emphasis was needed for the topic of his poem because of how emotionally exhuasting these situations are.