The New Boyfriend | Teen Ink

The New Boyfriend

By teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"A wise girl leaves, before she is left."

So, I'm supposed to kiss you but, I'd like to just shake hands or hug loosely because I've learned that kissing leads to heartache.

I know what you're thinking, a kiss is just a kiss. No. Last person I locked lips with chose other lips instead, decided my lips were no longer enough for him, or maybe he just liked variety.

You do know that I'm not one of many, right? That I'm not an option and you can't choose between other lips and mine the same way you pick out socks everyday? I'm asking you because I should've asked him, not that I'm comparing you.

Caution: please refrain from holding hands because fingers break easily, then you'll be left with nothing to hold.

I just found my fingers, stuffed in my drawer under that t-shirt that I never wear. I put them there because I didn't plan on using them again and being tucked under that shirt helped me avoid temptation.

The last time my hand was held, I started to feel secure, but my security system malfunctioned, was breeched, and hacked by an unknown set of hands, a foreign family of fingers changed the 5 digit PIN number and now it's a whole new system, the keypad doesn't look the same, doesn't even beep the same.

Because of past events, I must ask you a few questions since you're new here.

How tall are? This question plays an important role in our next step. Are you comfortable with cats or are you more of a dog person? Most guys are d- I mean like dogs.

When you hug someone, are you the security blanket or the escape artist?

When you kiss someone, where does your mind wonder? Or do your hands dance? Do they perform ballet or are they more street performers?

Do you carry a first aid kit in your pocket?
Are you prepared to heal cuts and scrapes? Can you stitch together pieces of a broken heart?

Do you believe elephants really cry? If a tree falls in a Forrest, does it still make a sound though no one is around?

Are you afraid of the dark? I am.
Are you light on your feet?
Are you afraid of me? I think he was.
I'm not comparing you, but he said he would stay and like a prisoner with the cell key, he escaped.

Last question, take your time with the answer: will you stay?