Does She? | Teen Ink

Does She?

By teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"A wise girl leaves, before she is left."

Does She.

Hey lover, I know it's been a while, haven't seen you around but I saw a picture on Instagram the other day during my monthly routine and it just raised a few questions if you don't mind my asking.

Does she?

Does she rub your back after a long day? Does she wipe away your sweat? Does she check your spine? To see how damaged it is from carrying the world on your shoulders, if it needs to be restored, if she needs to become it, become one with it, one with you, keep you standing, does she give you support?

Does she become your legs when yours finally give, become your feet when the burn is too much to bare?

Does she whisper to you?

Because sometimes men need to hear sweet nothings when they are feeling equivalent to nothing, need to hear a gentle something, a little something, when did I become nothing to you?

Sorry, I got a side tracked, this is about how happy you are now, so tell me does she pray for you?

Asking God to send one of his angels to watch over her angel, does she feel you?

Allowing your spirits to become one so that even while you aren't home she knows that your soul is still tangled with hers.

Does she love you?

I didn't ask if or how many times she said it I asked does she love you, I mean really love you, is it undeniable? Can you feel it in aura? Detect it in the way she. Reaches and see it in her movement... Does she love you like me?

Did she anoint you as king to her castle like me? Does she do anything like me? Does she hate me?

Because one too many times you saw my face on her body, heard my name in hers, because you see me in a crowd knowing that I'm not around, does she hate me because I'm still around? And that I'm in your smile, I'm your laugh, does she?

Do you?

Is she my replacement?

Were you trying to clone me, keep a part of me with you, does she know that? Does she even know you? Know you in the sense that I do, maybe she doesn't, because the last time we touched, I took back my part of you, and you didn't know this but I took her half too.

It may be pretty self explanatory, but this was inspired by... an old 'friend' who replaced me with a new 'friend', if you catch my drift.