Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Lexi777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it!!!!

abomnibal said...
this is the best thing i will ever rad and have ever read  it makes me feel better about the people i love but i know will never love me back. i think you might like my poem heart beat free verse :)

dmax said...
i know first hand how tru this story rings to alot of people

Im_AwesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
love it!!!

Derek M. replied...
why do u love it

im_awesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
its so true!!!!!!!!!

Margaret S. said...
I love your style. This poem is amazing!

Kylier876 said...
True story.

hemingwhy_me said...
I get it completely. This is way too true..

JosiSunny said...
woah. so true

heartagramflex said...
Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:27 am

MichealMulkey said...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:32 am
Most of these simple poems that may or may not be low quality recieve so many comments because they are highly contriversial topics world wide. weather or not you believe this poem was produced with proper "craftmanship" or "creativity" and "originality", this females objective was to reach readers and others that have either felt this pain and conflict or can relate to this type of situation. simply put, I believe this was very succesful. Good job kid.

MichealMulkey replied...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:35 am
this writer* (excuse my assumption)

Nicole143 said...
it is a cliché topic but the thoughts and style are very original and i love it 

Yadira V. said...
Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:17 am
I love this

PunkRockPrincess1031 said...
I personally like how the writer uses a cliched topic (will not disagree on that) and makes it their own. Some people may not see the depth in this poem but because I am going through this exact same thing right now, the poem really got to me. Maybe the editors thought that since it was such a cliched topic, many people could relate to it. I liked this poem and am glad that it made it into the magazine:)

Ansi said...
Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 am
Love your poem. It was different but I loved it. Please do more! oh and what I loved it the most was the second verse.

Taeve said...
What made you write this ?

carlmarks15 replied...
One of the most hackeneyed topics in poetry, "you're a jerk but I love you". I couldn't give you a 5/5 just for that reason, it is 100% unoriginal and cliche. However, the poem itself isn't even good. The rhymes are very mainstream, simple, and even childish in my opinion. But i just want you to know the only reason I rated this as 1/5 is because TeenInk won't allow me to rate it any lower. Overall AWFUL job. Good try though! If at first you don't succeed, try,... (more »)

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:42 am
But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good wirter. I love this!