The Body This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Is a body unconscious a person still?
No mind is present to govern its deeds.
Does a body have dreams, or a fate to fulfill?
No way to feel it when it bleeds.
Can I be a human, too?
Maybe I’m not even real.
But I am flesh, through and through?
Scratch it up, then let it heal.
Or can a monster have a mind?
An evil thing, or weeping ghost.
Are living and breathing intertwined?
A being punished for its host.
With electrical thoughts, is it ever alive?
Just a skin, an empty shell.
Is the soul really needed for the body to thrive?
A carcass washed up on the shores of hell.

imgail said...
today at 9:39 pm:
i loved this

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 28 at 12:03 pm:
omg i just love this. the rhythm is magic.

Abby96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 5:03 pm:
I love the rhythm to this as well as the fact that you managed to make it rhyme and still sound good. I have nothing against free verse but I love when a poem sounds like a song. I also like the subject. Instead of the usual love/generally depressing poem, you managed to invoke deeper thought. The last two lines were amazing!

TheCylceGoesRoundThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 9:15 pm:
absolutely, one hundred percent beautiful

AnansesemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12 at 8:19 pm:
Beautiful! Heart-wrenching! This better have been printed in TeenInk. I'm about 90% elation and 10% envy because now I've seen the way I aim to write.

CaptainKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 5 at 5:03 pm :
ARGH. You've taken all my dreams and made then come true! This is 100% GENIUS. You deserve these compliments! TAKE THEM!

Lobsterhead said...
Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:30 am:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!! You're like a cross between Shakespeare and Frost! It's so eerie yet it makes you think....great job! Continue writing! I'm a fan! I look forward to seeing an "L.Neale" book at the library soon!

love4 replied...
Nov. 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm :
dito same here

NotWriting_Bazinga This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:10 am:
Such tortured emotion... it makes my soul cry out to you. :') dont stop writing. chekc out my Just an Organ. i think you can relate :)

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem was reallY good and made me think. I hope that you continue writing! Perhaps you can read some of my poems such as 'Abused' and 'Floating Spirit'.

Jordan T. said...
May 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm:
Great poem, I really liked it and liked how you used stanzas and verses. I also liked when you used personification with the ghost weeping. All of this figurative language is amazing.

Quaffle3dg said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 8:31 am:
the first thing i said after i read this poem was WOW nuff said...truely incredible

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this poem really blew me away. It's very insightful and poses interesting ideas to chew on. I also loved the way you used rhyme. 

TheoBV replied...
Dec. 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm :
My thoughts exactly.

ThatsJust-It said...
wow. can i meet you? id really like to talk. ha  ha

gleek1234 said...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:42 am:
This is really good but are you ok?

artmantist said...
very good , i really like it

flawless200This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:16 am:
LOVE IT!!!! I heard Justin Bieber read this too. thats high up you might really get a shoot to go big

PiesAreYummy said...
I definitely love that the rhymes make sense and aren't nonsense. I could write something that rhymes, but not necessarily it will make sense...5/5

just_me95 said...
you've done well, a gift is definately what you have