The Dream Isn't Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The dream isn’t dead
Though I’ve seen it take flight
It spread its great wings
And disappeared into night
I watched it go, bidding good-bye
But I would see it again
I know I would try

Such fantastic illusion, an amazing sight
Sparkling amber, green, and gold
I kissed the wings and held on tight
But let go and watched them unfold
I knew it would be back
Like it would always be
For this dream, the beautiful bird
It is a part of me

It comes back now and then
When I give it a home
An open heart to love it with
And loyalty to be shown
I let it fly, let it go away
To whatever it searches for
But I know it’ll be back someday
Standing at my front door

I look ahead to the future
For I know it will be bright
Someday, I’ll not have to watch my dream
Disappear into night
It will sit beside me, holding my hand
Kiss my face, forever true
For my dream is only my dream
If my dream is you

CANDYGIRL said...
This is such an awsome poem!

Love_is_Endless said...
Nov. 21, 2010 at 10:04 am
This is AMAZING! I love this so much! This poem is going in my FAVORITES! :)

RometheTerrible said...

Reminds me of myself^_^

This is perfect. You're awesome.

Eli15 said...
Your an awesome poet and i cant believe a teenager can write this well. Ive been reading all the poems for some inspiration but i cant get anything because i dont want to ruin what you have made

figureitout said...
this is great. at first i was like "ok, she's talking about dreams." then i was like "oh my gosh! she's talking about love. she's talking about the same dream i have." i think you're an amazing writer, outstanding. keep writing.

Milo! said...
What a great piece. It’s so understandable. You made it really easy to see where you’re coming from. I hope you keep writing, because this is really good. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.

CountryGothic said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 6:41 am
This poem is amazing. It's even better than some of the ones that the literary freaks (such as myself) in my school write, I want to see more! A+

Pa S. said...
the last two lines pull it all together.

Emokittiy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. ur an inspriration to a lot of ppl and especially meh. nvr stop writing. you and meh share the same gift.-poetry comes from your soul, not the heart-

Lucy4himnotu said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 9:11 am
Absolutely beautiful. I love how you've painted an actual, physical picture of a dream that fits everyone. Anyone who reads this has a specific dream they think of. Then that last line specifically fits it to yourself. Beautifully done.

FlyLikeAnEagle94 said...
Very... interesting. It is actually quite captivating.

Anjelika said...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 12:49 am
Fantastic writing, very deep

InkBlogger said...
Sept. 30, 2009 at 7:20 am
Phenomenal piece. You are VERY talented!

sgtpepperx3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 19, 2009 at 4:13 am
Thank you so much for your reviews; really, I can't even begin to say how much it means to me . . .

Inkspired said...
LOVE IT! so beautiful, such a wonderful, amazing, well-crafted poem! So sweet, I love it!

amrwrites said...
I love the last two lines!

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is truly wonderful. I like how you have the rhyming in every-other line instead of every one... Keep writing! I want to see more. Could you look at some of my work?

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is AMAZING! You are a very talented writer, and this piece is phenomenal! I look forward to reading more of your work! Again, great job and congrats on being published!!!! Woo!
P.S. I would love it if you would check out some of my work, I'd love to hear your comments for this is such a wonderful piece! Thanks so much! Again, great job! Keep it up!

pinksage33 said...
This is beautifule!!!

sweetlytorn11 said...
ahh, that amazingg. true talent :)